Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our Miracle Baby, Travis Wilson!!!!

Some times in life the Lord sends you some very special people to help you do what He wants you to do. Twenty-six years ago, my family moved from Chattanooga, Tenn to Spokane, Washington to start our church. On our way we stopped in a little town called Pasco, Washington. At the time the Pastor of the church was Dr. Dallas Dobson. God used this man to motivate and encourage my Dad. At that time, the Co-Pastor of the Riverview Baptist Church was a man named John Paisley. Over the years, we have seen Dr. Dobson go home to heaven and Pastor Paisley become the Pastor of the church. We have also spent time in the Paisley's home and their daughters have been a great encouragement to Christa and me. Deb encouraged me in playing the piano and Liz is an encouragement more than words can tell. You may be thinking, "What does all of this have to do with a post about a baby. Well, six months ago, Deb had a little baby boy. His name is Travis. Travis was born at 26 weeks and weighed 1.7 pounds. He was in the ICU for three months and at one point the doctors told Deb to prepare herself that Travis might not make it. Through the power of God and His healing hand. Travis is doing well today and growing. He is off all tubes and breathing helps. He does have a heart monitor but the doctors have said that Deb and Wes can take it off any time they feel comfortable. Travis is truly a little miracle baby. Deb has been here is Washington visiting with her family and is flying home today. My dad, mom, and I went to the airport to see Deb and the baby. Here are a few pictures of the cutie himself. Enjoy!!!!!!!
Deb, the proud Mama and Travis
Deb, Travis and Me
My Dad and Travis

Travis and his Maw Maw.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!!!

4 comments:

GAsoutherngurl said...

Hey what a really neat story! and that baby was soooooo cute! How's it going? Your Glacier Adventure looked awesome, I loved the picture of you in the water, I have taken sooo many pics there, the water is sooo clear!! It was also touching to see that Jake took his "special" shirt on your trip! Him and Asa must be kin somewhere down the line...huh? well so happy for ya'll and the 1 year anniversary that you have just celebrated! We love you both very much and are glad to call you our " FRIENDS "

Love, The WHOLE Samples Crew
way up here in North Idaho

GAsoutherngurl said...

Totally OFF ThE SUBJECT . . . .but if you get a second could you call me and help me learn to put pics on my blog!!! Thanks Friend :)
Love Ya

Ang

Joy said...

What a precious baby boy! It's so exciting to see how God works miracles. Btw, you look great holding him. ;)

Jase Divens said...

Amy, I've seen your name while reading other posts, but I didn't recognize your last name until reading Alicia's! So glad to see you are doing well. I have really enjoyed blogging and keeping up with friends this way!
Jeanene (Boyer) Divens