Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law. The redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Galatians 4:2-7
The verses above speak of being children of God. During this Christmas season, please take a moment and ask yourself if you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you do, then remember that you are a son and that the relationship that you have can be as close as a son and his father. If you do not know that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior than I would ask you to think about these few short things...
1. God loves You. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life."
2. All Men Are Sinners. Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
3. Sin Must Be Payed For. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
4. Christ Paid For Our Sin When He Died On The Cross. Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were sinners, Christ died for us.
5. We Must Personally Pray and Receive Christ As Our Savior. Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
If you have any questions, please leave a comment and a way to contact you and we would be glad to help. The Burkholders are wishing each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!! May the Lord bless you as you serve Him.