Friday, July 6, 2007

MorMor Comes To Town!!!!!!

This week MorMor came to visit our family. Now you might be wondering why we call our grandmother, MorMor. MorMor is a Norwegian term that means Mother's Mother. Now this grandmother is actually my Father's Mother. This means that we should actually call her FarMor. MorMor was easier for all the grandchildren to say and so the family tradition of MorMor began. MorMor came to visit on Friday. She was here for our special God and Country Sunday and then spent a few days visiting with our family. On Tuesday, she came to dinner at our apartment. This was very fun because it was the first time that any relatives have been to my house. I cooked and we visited together telling fun stories and enjoying each other's company.
This picture is three generations of the Boyle family. MorMor, my Dad and me.
This is MorMor and me in front of the piano that my Aunt Leanne helped us buy. MorMor has played the piano for many years and I followed in her footsteps.

5 comments:

The Pepin Family said...

I love the name MorMor...how unique! Is your dad's family Norwegian or did you just steal that one? :o) It's great to see the generation picture too...I'm sure MorMor would like to see a fourth generation soon!!! haha

ap

Jake and Amy Burkholder said...

Angela,

We are Norwegian on my MorMor's side. My PaPa was full blooded Irish. What a combination. Thanks for the "encouragement" on the fourth generation. Time will tell what the Lord has. Thanks for your help with the slide show.

Amy

Joy said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with family. Those are precious times and precious memories!

Anonymous said...

Amy did not have to steal a
Norwegian heritage. She was
blessed by God and was born to it. AMEN!!!!

Colleen said...

Too funny - I am Swedish and we also called my father's mother "Mormor", and found it hard to switch to FarMor when we were corrected by our Norweigen exchange student.

The reason all the grandkids called her Mormor was that my aunt had kids first, and Mormor was correct for them. By the time we came along, Mormor it was!

My kids called MY mom Mormor as well, even though she's Irish. We figure me being Swedish is good enough.