Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sunday Night Fun!!!

Sunday night was a great end to a wonderful weekend. We had one to baptize so my dad asked the guys quartet to sing while they got ready. They sang the song "Goodbye, World Goodbye". Pastor just loved them.
When they were done singing, Pastor Sexton wanted to get his picture taken with the group and had their piano player to come up with them to be in the picture. He said to remember they couldn't do what they did with out the pianist. Go, Beka!!
After the baptism, dad needed to get back to the auditorium and was going to have the congregation sing a song. Instead, Pastor Sexton wanted to sing a few songs. This has always been one of my favorite memories from college. It was great.
At the very end of the service, Jake and I brought Lindsey forward to have our family dedicated to the Lord. It was such a sweet time and we were honored to have Pastor Sexton pray the dedication prayer.
I just thought this was a great picture of Pastor and my Dad. What sweet friends. I am so thankful for the friendship of Pastor and Mrs. Sexton to our family.




No comments: