Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook!!!

I have seen this on a few other blogs and thought it would be a good way for me to write my thoughts...I like the little promps. Outside my window...the sky is partly sunny and school is in session. I have only missed school once and that was the beginning when everyone was getting their classrooms ready. Then I look over to the swing and Lindsey is sleeping peacefully and I don't miss my classroom any more.

I am thinking...there is so much to do this week. We are having our ladies retreat at the end of the week and I have to finish putting the book together and get all the door prizes ready and pack for Lindsey and me.

I am thankful for...what the Lord has done in my life. From my Christian heritage to the gift of a Godly man in my life to the newest gift that God has given me...Lindsey.

From the kitchen...the dishes are calling, brownies have been made and sewing needs to be done.

I am creating...the ladies retreat book, door prize packages and many other projects.

I am going...to piano lessons, music practice and home to get lots done.

I am reading...I just finished a fun fiction book about two friends and their trip to Finland, "Let's Make a Memory" - lots of good ideas of things to do with your children, my decipleship notebook for Saturday mornings.

I am hoping...that my mom and dad have a safe trip home from Canada.

I am hearing...the news, and the click, click of the swing.

One of my favorite things...when the phone rings and it is my husband saying he is on his way home from work.

A few plans for the rest of the week...piano lessons, the ladies retreat. Lots of other things that will help with the Ladies retreat.

I hope that you enjoy my thoughts and hopefully they will encourage you all. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

Hey Amy! I am glad that you joined in with us. It is fun way to get to know each other more.