Thursday, June 19, 2008

Announcing The Long Awaited Arrival of Lindsey Renee Burkholder!!

Well, let me just start at the beginning of the end. We packed our bags and headed for the hospital on Sunday Evening June 15th. We arrived at the hospital and were checked into our beautiful room right away without any problems and were greeted with a sweet smile. Our first nurse, Gayle, asked lots of questions, got us settled and started what we will call a slow Mizo induction. After only three doses of the Meds, my water broke all on its own. This was very encouraging and we were very excited as we thought that Lindsey might be born that day. Well, Lindsey and the Lord had different plans. We labored into the night, had some IV drugs for the pain and then about 1:30 am Tuesday morning I had the Epidural. I slept very well that night letting the Meds do their work all while I was sleeping. We woke Tuesday morning to news of good progress I was dilated to 7 and was about 75% effaced. The doctor came in and said we should be able to meet Lindsey about noon on Tuesday. Things then began to slow down. I did not dilate to 10 until 4:00 pm and then began pushing. I pushed until about 7:30 pm and Lindsey would not come down. I was worn out and the Doctor even tried to use the vacuum and she still was not budging. The doctor decided at about 7:30 pm to go ahead with a C-Section. I was so over whelmed and is shock that it did not really hit me until we were in the Operating Room. We found out that the epidural had come out and that probably the last 30 minutes were really pushing without Meds. The doctor started the surgery at 8:00 pm and Lindsey Renee Burkholder was born at 8:11 pm. There was not emergency as Lindsey had looked great on the monitor the whole time. She just did not want to come down. Although there are many opinions, I am thankful to the Lord for a doctor who gave it his best shot but was able to make a wise decision even though it was not what we had planned. Lindsey is doing great. She is strong and healthy and is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I am healing well and am trying to take it easy. I am posting from the hospital room and we are scheduled to go home tomorrow. Please pray for us as we go home and continue to recover, grow and learn about this Mom thing. Enjoy the following pictures and thanks for checking in with us and for praying for our family. We love each and every one of you and wish you could all be here to meet Lindsey in person. Have a great day!!!! Nana and Lindsey!!
Lindsey holding Daddy's hand just after she was born.
Lindsey being weighed. She weighed 8lbs 4oz and is 19.5 inches long.
Daddy taking care of his little girl. He has done a great job. I am thankful for a husband who cares so much and who is so sweet.
She came out wide eyed and arms flying. She was ready to meet the world.
Pretty Little Princess, Lindsey Renee Burkholder
Can you see her big brown eyes. She got them from her daddy!!
This is Lindsey wearing a headband bow that my friend Angie Sample gave her. It was so cute. It was to big for her and so all that you could see was the bow. She has lots of hair under there.
The happy family.



19 comments:

The Baduria's said...

WOW-WEE! Is she ever SO BEAUTIFUL!
Congtatulations Jake and Amy on your little blessing from God. We love you and are praying for you. PS. The girly room is very nice.

Anonymous said...

How sweet....You're a mommy, AMY!!! I will be praying for you in the next few weeks. Enjoy every minute - I'm sure everyone has told you this, but it's true. I just turned around and Jackson is almost three :). You'll have a blast!

Amanda Tyler said...

Congratulations!! Lindsey is beautiful and I'm so glad that you are all doing well. The nursery is so cute. I love her name on the wall. We are praying for you.

Amanda

Goodmans in Mexico said...

Great pictures. I am so thrilled for you! Enjoy every moment. They grow so fast! We are praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to say congratulations...she is so beautiful...I can't wait to see her! The room looks great!

Derek and Rebecca Loewen said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous baby girl! We are so happy for you and the precious gift God has given you!

The Martin's said...

So excited for you Jake and Amy! She is just beautiful!!
Keep the pictures coming!!
Love Ya,
The Martin Family

Stacey said...

Amos quite Famous! Congratulations. She is so beautiful! I am so proud of you! I will pray that the Lord gives you the rest you need. You will make a wonderful mother. I am looking forward to seeing Lindsey in a few weeks (and of course you too :) Take care and way to go! Love ya! Stacey

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

I'm visiting, pointed here by Jackie.

She's just beautiful!

McMom said...

Congratulations!!! Beautiful pictures!!!! You are going to be great parents!!!

Cheri

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

Congratulations to you both! Lindsey looked so good after just being born. What a cutie!
Tom & I are bringing the teens from our church to Youth Congress, so we hope to see you all there!

Kandice

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

So sweet! She's a beauty.... and I love her big bow! You did a great job on the room. It's soooo organized.

The Radanks said...

Congrats Amy & Jake,
So excited for you that she is finally here. I know how you feel about going all the way then having to have a C-section. It is ovewhelming. Glad to hear everything went well. She is absolutely beautiful. You have so much fun ahead of you.

Alicia Reagan said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful! I know you and Jake are so very happy! The Lord is so good to us isn't He?

wilkersonhome said...

Congratulations on your sweet new baby girl! I know you are glad she finally arrived safely ~ she must have been so comfortable where she was! :) Praying for a quick recovery, Amy! Can't wait to see her at Youth Congress!
Love,
Jeri lynn

The Bryants said...

Congratulations Jake and Amy! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Daniel & Heidi Schatz said...

Congrats, Congrats!!!! AMy, she is a gorgeous baby!!!!!! WOW! We'll be praying for you all...so happy for you!=)

The Howell Family said...

She is beautiful guys! ENJOY HER!!

Joy said...

She is so pretty! All the waiting is over! Congratulations on a beautiful little girl!