Wednesday, June 27, 2007

MO Vacation Trip

I am sorry that the posts have not come as quickly as I would like. I thought that life would settle down after school got out. Although things have settled down we have had a lot to do to catch up on things while we were gone. We left on Thursday, June 15th to fly to MO to visit the Burkholder side of the family. We landed in Kansas City and met Eli then headed to a KC Royals baseball game. It was a lot of fun and a good time with Eli.


We then headed north to Jake's Brother John's house. We stayed with John, Pollie, and the kids. We had a great time. Later in the week, we went to Jake's parents house and the boys all talked in the living room and the girls did hair and toe make-overs. Again, we had a great time.
On our way back to Kansas City to fly home to Washington. We went to a Museum of the Steamboat Arabia. (See the website: www.1856.com) It was very interesting and a fun thing to do. We then headed to the airport to return the rental car and check in to our flight.


This is a picture that Jake took of Mt. Rainer. (from the airplane) This was the first time that Jake had seen the Mountain. When we went up in the Space Needle, the weather was not clear and we could not see the Mountain. This is Washington's pride and joy.
Well, I hope that these pictures give you a overview of what we did. We had a great time seeing the family and visiting with old friends. Have a great day!!!










2 comments:

The Pepin Family said...

I LOVE the picture of Mt. Ranier from the plane's window! When I was about 9 or 10 years old, my dad lived in Kansas City and one summer when we were visiting him, he took us to a Royals game to see George Brett play...so it was neat to get to see that.

Sounds like you guys had a great time...I enjoyed getting to see your journey! ;o)

ap

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!! I just happened upon your site by way of Joy and Jamin's...I was so excited to see it, because believe it or not I was just thinking about you and wishing I could catch up with you..email me sometime if you get a chance - tomandjenb@yahoo.com! I'm so happy for you and all the exciting stuff going on in your life!!
Jennifer Bartlett