Thursday, June 14, 2007

FBA Kindergarten Graduation






June 8, 2007 was a big day for the Kindergarten class of Faith Baptist Academy. Not only was it our last day of school for the 2006-2007 school year but also it was the night of Kindergarten Graduation. With a smaller school we combine Kindergarten Graduation and Highschool Graduation. The day actually started the night before. As the clock was approching 9:30 pm and I had only ironed 9 of the 14 gowns for the next evening, I was starting to realize that it was either going to be a long night or an early morning. I decided to make it an early morning and went to bed. As I laid my head on the pillow, I remembered that I forgot that I had promised the children that I would make them cupcakes for a special treat at our party. I then realized that it was going to be a very early morning. I got up when Jake went to work at 3:45 am and proceded to iron the rest of the gowns, make cupcakes and sign diplomas. I managed to get ready and make it to our morning teachers meeting on time. We practiced our program one last time and then had an end of the year party. It was great fun. We dismissed school at 12:00 noon and all went home to rest for the big night. We met at the church at 5:30 pm and got our caps and gowns on. They were all so cute and very excited. Promptly at 6:00 pm the first Kindergartener walked down the isle and the rest is history. They did a great job. In practice they were having such a hard time standing still and paying attention. I asked the Lord to give them just enough stage fright that they would stand still but not enough that they would forget their parts. I was amazed at how well they did. Even my little girl who had a hard time speaking louder then a whisper did a great job. After a reception and dinner out with Mom and Dad, Pastor and Mrs. Donley and the guest speaker, we finally laid our heads down at 11:45 pm. I told Jake that if we would just stay up a few more hours that we could be up for a whole day. =)

2 comments:

Alicia Reagan said...

Amy,
Hey! I just found your blog via Joy Boyer's blog. I will enjoy keeping up with you and Jake! You will have to check out my blog and see my kids. It is www.reaganhome.blogspot.com
I am glad you are doing well. Enjoy your summer!!
Love,
Alicia (Neal) Reagan

The Pepin Family said...

Hey, Amy. Just wondering if you mind me putting your link on my blog. You can email me at ringop@mac.com. Hope to hear from you and that all is well. Braden enjoys seeing your blog! :o)