Saturday, December 15, 2007

Faith Baptist Church Christmas Banquet!!

Last night was the church Christmas banquet. We had a great time. Instead of having one guest speaker. The church took up an offering on last Sunday so that we were able to invite three pastors from the area and give them a special gift of encouragement for Christmas. We invited the Klines from Castlegar, BC, Canada, the Walls from Colfax, WA and the Perkins from Republic, WA. They all gave a brief testimony and were a blessing in return with their words. We played a version of the gift exchange game and then had an opportunity to exchange our dollar store gifts for the chance to do something silly or a better gift. Our table opened some very nice pens but decided to exchange our gift to do something silly. We got one of the good gifts, we all received $5 bills but we really wanted to do something silly. At the end, dad let tables chose the silly things to do so we were able to act out a Christmas song. Over all the night was great and we all had a great time.

After the Banquet we took the teen ice skating for their Christmas party. The first half was group skating and then the second half was broom hockey. This is a dangerous sport and I prefer to watch instead of playing. The best part of the whole night is when Pastor Boyle gets on the ice in his dress shoes and suit to play broom hockey. He has such a great time with the young people.

Well, I'd better go. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Goodmans in Mexico said...

Have yourself a merry little Christmas too! Good to hear all the Lord is doing in your lives there in Spokane. It is so exciting! It is a blessing for me to get on your blog and read for myself how you all are doing. I know the Lord is using and will continue to use you guys there greatly. What a fun opportunity to be able to lead the young people. God bless you, Amy. Can't wait to find out if you are having twins!!! I have always wanted to have twins. If you are, then you will have to send me some of the water from there! :)
Talk to you later. Jeannie

The Bryants said...

Hi Jake and Amy! I have not been online much recently and I have missed so much! I'm glad things are going well and I can't wait for another baby update! The wedding pictures were beautiful! Will you please email me with Christa & Eric's address? Thank you! hkhhbryant@comcast.net I am looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some new pictures. Take care and give my love to everyone!

Anonymous said...

HI Amy! I don't have your personal email address. Could you please email me your new address as well as Christa and Eric's. Thanks.
Stephanie
SLPayne2007@yahoo.com

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

This is really weird, but a family that is coming to our Bible Study, is from Caslegar, BC and attended the Klines church. How neat! It really is a small world.