Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary Faith Baptist Church, 26 Years

Again, I forgot the camera and missed a great blogging moment. So you will have to use your imagination. It all started yesterday when our bus crew met together and decorated the bus for a birthday party. It was great. Red and yellow streamers and blue and green balloons. We then went bus visiting and had a great time. We then went back to the church for an Anniversary dinner. We all shared a great time of food and fellowship and then some gave testimonies about their favorite memory of the year. We got up this morning and headed out to the bus route and to practice music with the song leader and the Ladies Ensemble. The morning service was great and our guest speaker, Dr. Tom Lancaster from Germany preached a powerful message on being thoroughly right with God. What a day!!!!! We ended a great evening service and enjoyed a time of fellowship after church. As I reflected on this day, many memories are brought to mind. I vaguely remember the house that we held our first service in. Then the fellowship hall of the Seventh Day Adventist Church that we rented. Then there was the building that God gave us on Montgomery Street were we served the Lord for 17 years. Now in the new building that we have had for 8 years. (I guess it will always be the new building.) I thought about the people that God has brought into our lives. To many to name and so many that have blessed and encouraged our family over the years. And now as Jake and I have the honor and privilege of serving the Lord in the place where for me it all started. I can not be more grateful to the Lord for the blessings in my life. I am excited about what God has for us to do in this place and am looking forward to being used of Him as a couple. Some people down through the years have said that they regretted their family being in the ministry and I have always felt sorry for them. For me the past 26 years, even though I have not always lived here, have been the most wonderful years in the history of our family. If God blesses us with children, I can not wait to tell the all the things that God has done in this place. The only thing I can think to finish with is..."To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done..." Please excuse my ramblings and thank you for stopping by and checking in.

6 comments:

Grammie's Gleanings said...

Over twenty years of my life was spent there and the majority of my children's lives and we were all greatly influenced there. We pray that Faith Baptist Church has many more years in which to influence many peoples lives. Happy Anniversary, Faith Baptist Church, and thank you Pastor Boyle!!

Jen Bartlett said...

I enjoyed the post...very descriptive...I can tell you're a teacher! I'm glad you're able to be back at home and serve in the ministry there...what a blessing!

Joy said...

What an exciting time! It is a rare thing to be able to be in the same place for so long (though you were gone for a little while). What precious memories you have wrapped up in that place. Thanks for sharing!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

How exciting! What a blessing to be able to serve the Lord with your family! I pray that my children can look back as you, and have such wonderul memories. What a privelege to see the Hand of God at work!

Alicia Reagan said...

Congratulations to you and your fmaily Amy. I know that the Lord has done great things in all of your lives. We hope the Lord let's us have a ministry that we can stay at for the rest of our lives here in West Union. Again. congratulations!!

The Bryants said...

Happy Anniversary FBC!! I could say so much...as it was under Pastor Boyle and the ministry of FBC that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour! FBC will always be my "home" church. I miss you and love you all! I'm glad it was a great service! Thanks for the update Amy!