Friday, August 22, 2008

"...As Thy Days So Shall Thy Strength Be."

Today was a hard day for the heart of a first time mom. Today was Lindsey's two month check-up and also the day for her first shots. I added this picture because it was one of her only smiles today and she looks so sweet. She did really great with the doctor and she weighs 11lbs 11 oz and is 23 1/4 inches tall. The doctor answered lots of my silly questions and said she is doing really good. Then the nurse came back into the room and gave her the shots. The nurse did a great job and it went really fast. Lindsey did a great job. The first shot received a look that said, "what was that?" The second shot got the ugly face and the third shot got the most pitiful scream. This is when I lost it. I had never heard her cry like that and it broke my heart. Jake picked Lindsey up quickly and hugged her. She did not even cry for very long. I think I cried longer than she did. I had given her some Tylenol and only had to give her one more dose. I am so thankful that Jake was able to go with us. Our appointment was supposed to be at 9:00 am and I was thinking that I was going to have to go by myself. My mom and dad are out of town, but I had many friends who offered to go with me. Thankfully the Dr.'s office was able to change our appointment to 1:40 pm and Jake could go. Later we went to the baseball game with the youth group, which I will post about later. She did a great job and enjoyed everything except the loud noises. Jake just preached on Wednesday night on Deuteronomy 33:25 "...as thy days, so shall thy strength be." It was comforting to know that the Lord was with us all day and that I could trust Him with a situation that I had never faced before. As I am blogging, Lindsey is sleeping peacefully in her bed and I know that the Lord has been so good to me. I am thankful for my family and friends. I know that I have rambled on a bit today but am thankful for all those who stop by to check in with us. I hope you all have a great day and remember no matter what you face, God has promised us that "...as thy days, so shall thy strength be."

3 comments:

Rachel Smith said...

I so understand. It breaks my heart still- even after four kids and lots of shots- to hear my little ones cry because they hurt and have know idea what is going on. I am right there with you. It is amazing the love and protection that God fills us with when He blesses us with a child.

Goodmans in Mexico said...

You are such a sweet mommy, Amy! I know you are doing great with little Lindsey. We are really looking forward to seeing you guys. It is only 4 weeks from tomorrow! Maybe we can get together with you and Jake one time so we can get to know him too. Have a super day.

Goodmans in Mexico said...

Ooooohhhhh!!! I love the new look to your blog! It is SOOOO cute! I need to do a makeover on ours too. Maybe I'll find the time one of these days! :) Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.