Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Visiting A Different Country

Yesterday, Jake and I left right after I got out of school. We headed north out of Spokane towards Canada. Dad was preaching at the Beaver Valley Baptist Church in Montrose, British Colombia. We followed Dad's direction and even found the "shortcut". We found the first border crossing had closed at 5:00 pm and we arrived around 6:15 pm. We then went to the second border crossing and made it past the American Agents and then not having crossed the border ever for Jake and a very long time for me, we didn't think that we had to stop again and managed to set of the siren. We backed up and obediently went through the Canadian crossing. The service started at 6:30 pm and we got there at 7:00 pm. Thankfully, Dad had just started preaching and we only missed a few minutes of the introduction. Little did we know that because Mom and Dad had crossed the boarder in Idaho and did not realize how much time is would take and then made a wrong turn they had only arrived about 5-10 minutes before we did. We left shortly after the service ended and made it home by about 1:00 in the morning.

It was fun to see old friends and introduce Jake to people that I had known for a long time. We also saw much of God's beautiful creation, deer, turkeys, horses, mountain goats, and cows. Over all, it was a great trip and now Jake can't say that he has never been out of the country. There are no pictures because I am still trying to remember to take the camera every where I go.

4 comments:

Stephanie Fowler said...

Sounds like you had a good trip. I am thrilled to be able to keep up with you on your blog. I left you a message on my blog but normally I cannot leave a comment without having to post as anonymous. I am not sure why it is letting me this morning. You may want to change your settings to allow anonymous comments though because several people say they have the same problem. Anyway...good to catch up with you. Read my comment to you on my blog to see that Abby still thinks of you.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

I am glad that you found our blog. I changed the settings so I think that it will let anyone comment. I did check your comment to me. I had so much fun teaching that class and I am glad to hear that they had a great year. I can't believe that Abby will be in Third Grade. Please tell everyone that we said hello!!
--Amy Burkholder

Joy said...

The trip sounds great! Summer '05 we went to Ontario for the HELP program. It was neat. I expected so many things to be SO different out of the country...but it wasn't. :) The biggest thing I noticed was the ketchup at McDonald's. :)

Ski's Lady said...

I have added you to my favorite people, Amy! So great to be able to keep in touch with you!!! Miss you guys!